      Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 3:20 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: Horn Nocks

      Thank you Jon and James. I see this topic has come up before, should've searched before posting, my apologies.

      James, thank you for the book reference!

      Sounds like the gentleman in the previous post found DRILLED horn nocks from 3 Rivers... too bad they don't carry them now.

      Jon, I was thinking of cutting some horn (seems an easier place to start than bone, maybe that's not true) into small blocks, drilling them parallel to the shaft, as you were suggesting, glueing them to the shaft (so's to have something to hold on to) and then going at them with a file. I don't know if that's a really bad idea or not (does horn like filing?, does it de-laminate?). But I DO like the idea of practicing with Delrin first!

      As this mission progresses, I will update with my travails...

      ~ Aelric, West K

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic