32224Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Horn Nocks

  • Doug Copley
    Sep 13, 2012
      I have never used a nock like that and have never seen one documented as
      being period.

      My horn inserts have always been the ones that were fitted in to a slot
      in the arrow shaft and then the nock for the string was cut
      perpendicular to that. Using this method I have never had one split or
      break and I shoot a 50# longbow.

      Vincenti

      On 9/13/2012 6:03 PM, James W wrote:

      > Here is one site
      >
      > http://traditionalbowshop.com/arrow-accessories/91-horn-nock-to-arrows.html
      >
      > James
      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:SCA-Archery%40yahoogroups.com>, "aelric_southlake"
      > <magnetcoil@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Anyone here ever made nocks out of horn? 3 Rivers carries a horn nock
      > that is meant to be INSERTED into bamboo arrows, but I'm looking for
      > either a source of "slip on/over" horn nocks, or some info on how to go
      > about making them myself. (doesn't look like there's enough meat on the
      > 3 Rivers kind to modify/ drill them out for a tapered shaft)
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Aelric, West K

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic