31677RE: [SCA-Archery] Poll results

  • Joe Klovance
    Jul 3, 2012
      In the poll the respondents were allowed to rank the answers in the order or preference. These ranked answers can then go through a standard process used in many polls called a single transferable vote. In this process the the option with the least votes is dropped and the votes are re-counted as if that option never existed. This is repeated until the desired percentage is found or only two options are left. A similar thing can be done by separate polls where the bottom option of each vote is eliminated and another poll is taken. The STV process works under the premises that someone who ranks an option as rank 2 would select that option in the second poll if their number one option was removed after the first poll.

      If no massaging was anticipated then why do a ranked poll? I am doing a spreadsheet which will show all steps. If you would rather not deal with this massaged data then ignore my output.

      Gryffyd
      > Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 15:26:50 -0500
      > From: pickette@...
      > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [SCA-Archery] Poll results
      >
      > I suggest sticking to the raw data, rather than over-massaging the data.
      >
      > JoO
      > Calontir

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic