29798Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Nock points, arrow angle, and some other stuff...

  • Fritz
    Feb 9, 2012
      I make my strings by twining (so called flemish 'splice') and instead of
      serving them to add thickness in the nock-and-draw area, I twine in
      extra string material.

      AFTER the string has stretched-in, to put on my nocking point I loosen
      the string, put a strand of string material _through_ the bowstring
      (between plys), re-string the bow, and then serve/whip the string for
      about 3/4".

      This gives me a place for my forefinger to be _on_ instead of above,
      giving me a little more control of the arrow as I draw, and there's no
      knob of metal trying to tear a groove in my glove.

      --
      Fritz
      Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.

      When Me put fingers to keys it was 2/9/12 3:06 PM...

      > Some people use a type of monkeys fist knot for the nock point.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic