29768Re: Simple but fun shoots

  • The Greys
    Feb 7, 2012
      Here's a variation on Logan's suggestion. Same set up but the objective is to "nick" the target. That is a hit or total miss does not count. All that counts is moving the target without actually sticking it. This is actually much harder than it sounds.

      A slight variation on that variation is to make cubes. I use foam shipping boxes that are about 10 inches square stuffed with plastic bags then taped shut. Toss them out at say 15 yards. The object is to put a shaft in each side of the target/cube. Multiple hits on one side do not count. Maximum score would be 6. You could limit the archers to 8 shafts. Obviously the cubes will move after each hit, but that's the challenge/fun!

      cog

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "logantheboweyder" <logantheboweyder@...> wrote:

      > 6"X6"X6" foam block (wrapped in brown paper, if you wish, for appearance's sake) stuck on a stick in the ground, so it is a few feet up off the ground, but sufficiently in front of a backstop.
      >
      > Elimination tournament. 2 archers, "ready, set, draw", and first one to hit the target continues on in the tournament.
      >
      > It probably is wise to have several blocks made, in case the first one gets too badly damaged during the tournament.
      >
      > You can even have 3 targets, and the first archer to hit 2 continues on in the tournament.
      >
      > Logan
      >
      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "mike" <mike_94088@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I need to come up with some shoots this year and while I have done this in the past I am looking for some other ideas for possible period simple but creative and fun shoots.
      > > If you have any please let me know and I will try to incorporate them later in the year when I organize the shoots.
      > >
      > > Master Michael of Worcester, Baronial Champion, Archery Champion of Sundragon.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic