29481Re: [SCA-Archery] Midrealm Archery Competition

  • James Koch
    Dec 5, 2011
      To Whom It May Concern,
      This past season Merlin and I sponsored a Midrealm wide
      competition. We offered prizes to the Midrealm archers who posted
      the greatest point increase to their existing Royal Round scores, and
      to the individuals with the highest new scores. The prizes are
      archer's rings to the crossbow and handbow shooters who showed the
      greatest improvement, and a set of arrows and crossbow bolts to the
      handbow and crossbow shooters with the highest first time scores.
      Surprisingly no one submitted an improved score between May and
      October 31st 2011. However, there were 12 archers submitting Royal
      Round scores to the Kingdom Keeper Of The Scores for the first
      time. Of these 12 scores, 6 originated in Mynydd Seren, 3 in
      Mugmort, 2 in Flaming Gryphon, and 1 score in Winged Hills.
      The highest new average Royal Round score of 74.7 points was in the
      crossbow division, and was shot by Richard le Fournier of Flaming
      Gryphon. Richard wins a set of crossbow bolts. If anyone on this
      list knows Richard, please have him contact me to claim his prize.
      The second highest new average Royal Round score of 62.3 points, and
      the highest in the handbow division, was shot by Chernislava
      Alekseeva of Mynydd Seren. Chernislava wins a set of arrows. If
      anyone on this list knows Chernislava, please have her contact me to
      claim her prize.
      Merlin and I wish to thank Aibhilin, The Keeper Of The Scores for her
      help in this matter. We'd also like to take this opportunity to
      praise the archery marshal/s of the groups represented for getting
      the new archers out to the range this past season.
      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"