29333Re: [SCA-Archery] Question About Crossbows

  • John Edgerton
    Nov 1, 2011
      I use a cocking level.  However, before I reached my current advanced age ;-), I could cock my 150 pound Barnet by hand.

      Jon

      On Nov 1, 2011, at 5:19 AM, Harry Billings wrote:

      Sir Jon do you span that by hand or use a cocking aid? I have a 120 lb prod and it is all I can cock by hand.

      plachoya
      Ansteorra

      Yes, I did.  I used the Delrin because machining  metal is something I am not set up to do in my garage.  And the Delrin contact surfaces are very smooth and gives a good smooth release. The crossbow is 150 lb.  I do not know if I would try it on anything over 200.

      Jon

      ExternalClassecxygrp-mkpd8d8d8;font-family:Arial;padding:010pxExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpecxads10pxExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClass10px10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassff7900ExternalClassecxunderlineExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassecxdiv#ygrp-mlmsgecxygrp-msg10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClasssize:77ExternalClasssize:77ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClasstextareafont:99ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClassecxygrp-msgExternalClassecxygrp-msgExternalClassff7900ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClasssize:77ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic