29247On a similar note, (Was: Serving tool research question)
- Oct 2, 2011Good questions! I've been having a good read following the responses.
I too have a couple questions about strings and servings.
1) when/where did serving a bowstring begin?
2) what are the most commonly served strings?
3) does anyone know of a technique for making a string other than
Flemish Twist or the more modern continuous loop?
On 10/1/11 8:32 PM, dirkfrisia wrote:
> I have been asked to find an answer to the following questions:
> Was an equivalent device to the modern bowstring server used in the middle ages and/or Renaissance?
> Is there some documentation of the device if one was used?
> I gave an honest reply to this - I do not know.
> Before I dive into the research has anyone done research on this before? Anyone hand wound bow string serving in a period style?
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>