      From: dirkfrisia <bluecat@...>
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Serving tool research question
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, October 1, 2011, 5:32 PM

      I have been asked to find an answer to the following questions:

      Was an equivalent device to the modern bowstring server used in the middle ages and/or Renaissance?

      Is there some documentation of the device if one was used?

      I gave an honest reply to this - I do not know.

      Before I dive into the research has anyone done research on this before? Anyone hand wound bow string serving in a period style?

      Many Thanks!

      Dirk Edward of Frisia

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic