28976Re: [SCA-Archery] Opposing Archer Eliminations???

  • Carl Nelson
    Jul 1, 2011
      the odd person chosen at random gets a by and automatically advances to the next round.

      On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:34 PM, hawken1911 <hawken1911@...> wrote:

      Hello Gang,

      Many years ago 'opposing archer' shoots were common at events. You would pair up the archers in sudden death duels at an 'archer' target, and the first to hit the target eliminated their opponent. The winners of the first round would then pair off, etc. until there was only one winner. I'm considering running this for a local group, and I realized I don't know how the marshals reconciled odd numbers. You could start with an odd number of people where everybody was paired up except one person. Or, you could start with even pairs, for example 10 archers (5 pairs), but then after the first round you would have 5 archers (2 pairs and an odd man out). I'm probably missing something very simple here, but I can't figure out a fair way to deal with the 'odd man out'. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

      Hawken

      --
      Carl Nelson
      626-297-6513