28913Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 3647

  • Carolus
    May 9, 2011
      As a personal note, since these are proposed as "lodge" rings. Most of
      us who wear such rings search for a design which means something special
      to us even though there are certain common symbols. The use of
      "standardized" colors (and especially colors which were not part of
      period heraldry) of arbitrary determination puts me off. Frankly, this
      blatant imposition of modern sensibilities has made me decide to avoid
      consideration of the rings.
      Carolus

      James Koch wrote:

      > Gentlemen & Ladies,
      > >
      > From the sound of it, where there are students/cadets the color they
      > wear seems to be red as with Squires in armored combat. So red it is
      > for student archers.
      > >
      > Does anyone have any objections to opaque orange being used to
      > indicate archery marshals? It shows up well from a distance and is
      > unique. If I use it on the armored combat or fencing rings it will
      > indicate a marshal there as well to avoid any confusion.
      > >
      > Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic