28796Re: [SCA-Archery] Moving targets

  • John Chapin
    Apr 17, 2011
      I've done a foam deer target mounted on a wheeled sled as a fundraiser shoot.  The yardage was unknown to the shooters( it was 40 yards). the rope went to a pulley that was fixed to a tree so the person pulling the sled was behind the shooting line and completely safe.  It was a big hit with everyone.

      Thorin Grjotgardhsson

      On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 6:21 PM, James Koch <alchem@...> wrote:

      Gentlemen & Ladies,

      My favorite moving target was one at an event here in Eastwatch in
      the 90s. It was a life size Saint Bernard plush toy dog mounted on a
      sled. The sled and dog target were moved out about 50 yards with a
      50+ yard long rope extending behind the shooting line. The shoot
      began when a guy holding the end of the rope ran so that the sled
      began moving toward the shooting line as if the dog was
      charging. The shooters had to hit the dog before it reached the
      line. The sled would run over arrows without breaking them and the
      dog was back far enough that arrows that did not penetrate would not
      hang down in front where they could have been broken.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic