      Gaelen,

      $40 per blowgun.  This includes shipping.  I can't ship these outside the US due to the length.  Blowguns are illegal in California and possibly Massachusetts.  I'll sell a dozen primitive darts for $12.  Once you see them, you will be able to make your own from materials you can purchase at fabric and craft stores.  From the SCA's point of view, these would be considered "youth blowguns" since the bores have a plastic liner.  This makes for a very smooth bore and few stuck darts.  You can find more information here: http://www.alcheminc.com/blowgun.html  Just follow the link to blowgun history.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

      >  At 10:43 AM 11/24/2010, you wrote:

      James ,

      As a formal martial artist and a SCAdian I would be interested in one or two of these what's the cost gonna be?

      Gaelen O'Grady
      MKA Kevin Kern
      Godan Goshin Jutsu Jujitsu

      From: James Koch <alchem@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, November 23, 2010 10:10:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Blowguns

      To Whom It May Concern,

      If anyone is interested, I now have a pile of 50 caliber lined bamboo
      blowguns for sale cheap. These are the early medieval type which
      would have been in use in Europe prior to the 13th Century. They
      shoot a simple primitive dart made from bamboo shish kebab
      skewers. So the ammunition is cheap when home made. This caliber is
      ideal for use by children. That said, these are no more a toy than a
      child's bow. Blowguns were the medieval equivalent of a .22
      short. So if anyone wants to give their kid the medieval equivalent
      of a Red Rider BB Gun, this is it. The price will depend on the
      length. These are still an experimental weapon on SCA archery
      ranges, so you have to obtain permission from the marshal in charge
      before using one at an official SCA event.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic