      From: John edgerton <sirjon1@...>
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: New article
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 11:54 PM

      I looked into Eastern European nobles and archery.  But, I could not a good source that clearly stated that some of the nobles used archery in battle.  If you know of any, I would greatly appreciate having them. I had to leave them out of my article, because of the lack of good source material.

      Thanks

      Jon
      On Aug 10, 2010, at 8:33 PM, jbl wrote:

      One thing to remember is the Polish nobility who comprised the cavalry (both heavy and light) of the Polish/Lithuanian Commonwealth used the composite bow. Russians and other Eastern Europeans as well. In fact the ability of a nobleman to shoot the bow was almost as important as "sword play" in these cultures.
      --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, Bill Abney <blackwolf66@ ...> wrote:

      > I would love to read this as well.
      >
      > Meryk

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic