27677Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: equipment (arrow tips)

  • Guy Taylor
    Jul 16 5:54 PM
      No offense personally but I take exception to this blanket statement.
      I make good arrows and I take a lot of pride in what I make. It's what I do for a living and it is my passion.
      I guarantee that tips on my arrows will not come off with normal use. If they do, I replace them for free.
      It has been my experience that most people do not know how to make arrows, let alone how to properly mount tips. If I had a customer who trusted me to make safe, beautiful arrows that are properly matched to the archer and their equipment, but didn't trust me to put on the tips correctly, I may let that customer know that I am not the right person to make his or her arrows.

      Guy

      --- On Fri, 7/16/10, johanofhawksley <jcclaus@...> wrote:
      ::cut::

         Never allow a vender to glue them on, I've lost way too many tips from arrows because the vender either used old glue, didn't de-grease the points or didn't take the time to do it right.

      Johan
      Barony of Twin Moons
      Atenvldt

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic