27597Greetings and string-length advice needed

  • earthsong99
    Jul 9, 2010
      Hello all!

      New to this group and a beginner in target archery. I just got my first bow (a 45# 60" Bear recurve). I'm very excited to get started, but need to get off on the right foot. I can't pull back a 45# bow easily (can but it's shaky and I wouldn't last long) and so it was suggested to me to put a longer string on it. It was also suggested that I could "un-twist" the string a bit to get some more give on it and tighten it back as I get stronger.

      So, my question is...if I get a longer string AND plan on untwisting/retwisting, then what length string should I get? 62", 64"?
      If any more info is needed to help with this matter, please let me know - happy to give details!

      Also, I'm in AEthelmearc, Dominion of Myrkfaelinn - are there any more local email groups or listservs I could join in on?

      Thanks!
      - Laura :)
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic