27550Re: [SCA-Archery] sca archery history

  • THL Caedmon Wilson
    Jun 1, 2010
      On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Kirby Campbell <kkidder@...> wrote:

      > I agree with your statement sir about the FITA target not being as period for shoots as we would like. What ways would you suggest on ranking archers throughout the society?

      One could use target types that were period. And some targets may not
      necessary be targets, per se, but things that were present and used as
      a practice target on the fly. Things like wreaths, stumps, fence
      post, Italians and see how closely you land your arrows in the ground
      at a distance.

      Alternately, you could develop a system based on winning and losing
      challenges. You challenge another archer to a contest of skill, you
      agree on a contest, then compete. The winner gains stature, the loser
      does not.

      -Caedmon
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic