27404Re: archery during events (now awards)

  • Allan Bluehood of Woods End
    Apr 15 1:18 PM
      I feel that it's not about the external awards and tokens that you get, it's about the internal satisfaction. I happen to know someone who spent twenty years as an SCA member (that's right 20) before getting an AoA. He had served as a Baronial archery captain for several years, run a few shoots at other events, was an archery champion of at least one territory and autocratted at least one archery tournament. After all that, he still wasn't sure that he deserved the award. Obviously he was having fun doing all this and likely felt that that fun was enough reward.
      Thus have I seen...
      -Allan Bluehood-

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dan Scheid <damales@...> wrote:

      > is really is not about what you do it is about who notices and who write
      > the letters to the crown. I was in the SCA for over 10 years before I
      > received my AoA, I change the way the kingdom looked at and did horses
      > in that time. And when called into court I got a standing ovation .The
      > queen's commit "was look around I don't think I need to say anything more"
      > Damales Redbeard O.L.

    • Show all 51 messages in this topic