27093Re: Gulf Wars Live Weapons, GET, and Heraldry

  • Egil
    Mar 1 4:55 AM
      Bumped up, GW is getting close so get those two archer teams to gether and represent your Kingdom during the GET. If you have a team already please secure a Herald and get the SCA names of the Archers and the Herald to me as soon as possible.
      Thank you,
      Egil

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Christopher LoPresto <aleyn1@...> wrote:

      > Greetings all,
      >
      > Please see the announcement below from THL Egil Haraldsson,
      > Rangemaster for Live Weapons
      > at Gulf Wars XIX. If you have already seen this before, please note
      > that there have been a few
      > updates. Also, since we would like to have this information widely
      > spread, please forward to any
      > Kingdom group lists or archery-related groups lists that you feel
      > would be appropriate.
      >
      > Thanks very much and hope to see many of you at the Live Weapons range
      > at GW XIX.
      >
      > In Service,
      > THL Aleyn Kynyd ap Rhys

      > > Lords and Ladies,
      > > We are excited about some of the events happening at Sherwood Range
      > > during
      > > Gulf Wars 19. We will have some new items and some returning. We
      > > have changed
      > > the Grand Exhibition Tourney (GET) so that we can raise the level of
      > > the challenge.
      > > Please pass this information on to any and all Kingdom Boards you
      > > may be on. We
      > > would like to see a large turnout for the GET. Also make sure you
      > > let all of your new
      > > archers know that this year they too will have a chance at making
      > > the GET and will have
      > > a chance to win the Gleann Abhann Prize Series (Fun Shoots)Grand
      > > Prize on Friday.
      > > We wish to get the newest archers invloved an make it exciting for the
      > > experienced archers. We have some interesting shoots lined up.
      > >
      > > As always the range could use the assistance of all Marshels. Even
      > > if you can
      > > only give an hour or two. Please visit the range and take the line
      > > so that
      > > others may get a rest or go and complete a class. The Range staff
      > > thanks you in
      > > advance for your time and efforts.
      > >
      > > The Thrown Weapons will also have the Freya's Throw on Wednesday. It
      > > is an all
      > > Female Tourney but we can use the assistance of the Lords in
      > > Marshalling the
      > > range. If you have your warrent please assist as you can. The range
      > > will also be
      > > holding MIT Training each morning from 8:00 am to 9:00 am. If your
      > > interested in
      > > becoming a GA Marshal or want to learn the basics to take home
      > > please visit the
      > > range in the mornings.
      > >
      > > Below is the information on the GET and the Prize Series. Please
      > > pass this
      > > information on to all the archery groups and Kingdom groups.
      >
      > > Thank you very much, we look forward to you visiting the range
      > > during Gulf Wars.
      > > Your in Service,
      > > Sherwood Range Staff
      > > THL Egil Haraldsson
      > > MIC
      > >

      > > Gulf Wars 19 (2010) Grand Exhibition Tournament

> [...]
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic