      From: Edward deWitt <sagebowman@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, February 8, 2010 10:26:04 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: string making

      Robert,  I use a bowyers knot on my Flemish strings also.
      When you use linen, what quantity of strands do you use?   I am looking to make 35-40 pound strings for my bows.  Do you use all the same color or do you color them for separation purposes?
      Ld Edward

      From: aharndts67@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 21:52:50 +0000
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: string making

      Yeah that DVD from 3 rivers archery is a very good video... it is all in the twist.
      Spend some time learning on making the 3ply string. the plus to a 3 ply is that the string is a round string, and far better custom color options...
      Bit of advice. Don't mix B-50 with Fastflite string... makes a weird string size. it almost like a D.
      what do you use for your serving string.. the braided black and white fast flite or standard #4 nylon.

      oh don't feel bad if a friend asks you to make a string for them, $10 each. and that is cheap.

      And welcome to the quiet guild of string makers.