      From: Brad Boda d'Aylward
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:13 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow

      We have a 'Used Mart' locally which handles used recurves. Bear in mind that
      in Penna that anything over 45lbs is considered a hunting bow and the price
      about doubles over the lower poundage bows. This is a state which closes
      many buisnesses and some schools for the first day of hunting season.
      There's a good chance that there are two or three bows hanging there now.
      Just know what to look for re: inspection or take a marshal along with you.
      I've seen some badly twisted bows which would not pass SCA inspections
      hanging on that wall.

      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow

      I have a good/bad problem. My older sister has started to shoot with me.
      Bad: She keeps stealing my bow. Good: She's shooting with me, not at me :)

      I'd like to get her a bow of her own for Christmas, but I'm having trouble
      finding a one. I'd like to get her a 35 lb. recurve. I have a budget of
      about $100. Any suggestions?

      Thank you for your help,