26558Re: [SCA-Archery] Pennsic Competition

  • James McAdams
    Jul 12, 2009
      John edgerton wrote:

      >I just ran a somewhat similar competition at An Tir/West war. I had
      >a series of rings of decreasing size, all shot at the same distance.
      >Each archer had three arrows, only the archers that one arrow hIt
      >inside the ring continued to the next smaller target. It was based
      >on a period Italian competition.

      We did a combination of these last year as a fundraiser. 3 arrows,
      and the target moves back. Any arrows that missed the target were lost
      for future rounds.
      The fundraising aspect was that you could re-buy any 'lost' arrows.
      A couple of generous and competitive archers made this the most
      successful of a half-dozen fundraisers we did that day.

      Xavier
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic