26347Re: [SCA-Archery] waivers

  • Carolus
    May 9, 2009
      Actually, in this instance authority cannot be delegated. Insurance
      policies are governed by contract law and exist between the issuer
      and the policyholder (in this case the SCA,Inc.) What the Society
      Seneschal can delegate is the authority to set rules as to what
      constitutes an SCA sanctioned event in a local area. Obviously, if
      the local rules for sanctioning an event are stricter than society
      standards, the event will not be insured due to the terms of the
      policy but we cannot set conditions for insurability on our own.
      Carolus

      At 11:58 AM 5/9/2009, you wrote:

      > > On May 9, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Carolus wrote:
      > >>

      > >> I will note, however that insurance requirements are set at society
      > >> level, not Kingdom, thus while your kingdom may require specific
      > >> conditions, they may not really matter in the event of a claim.
      > >>

      >Not when the Society seneschal specifically delegates relevant rule-
      >making authority to the kingdom seneschals and that said seneschals
      >(as well as local branch seneschals) are specifically legal agents of
      >the Society.
      >
      >However, Carolus and I have indeed been referring to our direct
      >experiences in Caid over a number of years. I find it easier to cite
      >our kingdom's seneschal's handbook and relate it to my experience.
      >Probably since I am not a lawyer, I sometimes find the Society
      >handbook somewhat vague on specifics.
      >
      > James
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic