26321Re: [SCA-Archery] I would like to get involved

  • Karl Karlsson
    May 7 12:21 PM
      Yep, a couple of observations from a newcommer...

      Wood arrows are hewn logs compared to modern carbon or aluminum target
      arrows, get a bunch and carefully select the ones that group well. Expect to
      loose some too, cause even at 40 yards unless you're shooting hunting bow
      weights these babys will need a lot of loft to reach the target.

      Those tiny plastic target rests are super accurate with lightweight aluminum
      arrows and the like, but in the flurry of timed rounds these could just hold
      you back.

      Shooting off the shelf is inherently less accurate but will allow the timed
      rounds to be more quantity versus quality. One aditional scoring arrow can
      make up for several that are merely placed well. You may want to try several
      different approaches to this and see what works best for you.

      Magnetic flipper rests are not allowed. :[

      Good luck,

      Karl