26200Re: [SCA-Archery] Pennsic Competition

  • Siegfried
    Mar 2, 2009
      Gladius ... I love the idea of the shoot. You might want to check
      with the East & Mid KAM's though about doing it during the tryouts.

      The tryouts aren't always 'fully' open. (East is often less open of a
      tryout than the Mid is).

      And I might be concerned about hundreds of folks showing up to try to
      win your most excellent wares, and therefore flooding the tryouts and
      making it harder for the people running the tryouts and trying to
      actually make some tough decisions.

      Siegfried

      On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM, James Koch <alchem@...> wrote:
      > Gentlemen & Ladies,
      >  >
      > I earlier offered to make two archer's swords available as prizes for
      > a shoot to be held at Pennsic.  The plan is to offer a falchion and a
      > katzbalger, both of which I have already made.  The falchion will go
      > to the hand bow shooter and the katzbalger to the crossbow shooter
      > with the winning scores.  It recently occurred to me that this shoot
      > could be held during one of the try outs for the champion's shoot
      > teams.  The marshals are already on the range and the range is
      > already closed for the day.  Since the try outs are open to pretty
      > much everyone, this would save having to set up a special shoot on
      > another day.  It would also reward the folks who come out every year
      > to compete on the champions teams.  The scores from the competition
      > could also be used to help select members for the teams.  My idea is
      > to do a simple retreating butt elimination shoot.  You know, like in
      > the movie Robin Hood.  Any thoughts on this?
      >  >
      > Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

      Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
      Barony of Highland Foorde - Kingdom of Atlantia
      Society Combat Archery Marshal
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic