26136Re: FINAL IKAC RESULTS + IMPORTANT RULE CHANGES FOR NEXT YEAR

  • Egil Haraldsson
    Feb 1, 2009
      I guess I should have asked this in the first missive.
      What is the IKAC website URL??

      What is his email addy: (please post it without the dots and the @ so
      that becuase Yahoo hides those.

      Thanks,
      Egil

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Andre Detoso <detomamd@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Lorenzo, Keeper of the IKAC.
      >
      > The FINAL standings for Season XXXI of the IKAC/IKCAC are as
      written below.
      > VERY IMPORTANT: Please read the notes at the end of the scores,
      they detail information about this just-concluded season, and
      SUBSTANTIAL changes for the upcoming Season XXXII, which starts
      today. I know the notes are a little long, but it is very important
      that you read them through the end.

      > The FINAL standings for Season XXXI of the IKAC/IKCAC competition
      are as follows (pending final certifiation on 15 February - please
      read first note below):

      > Open division
      > ---------
      > 1. AETHELMEARC: 292; Laochlain Sylverwulf: 359; Christopher
      Silverwolf: 272; Gwyilym or Afonydd Tair: 245;
      > 2. AN TIR: 270.6; Andras the Truemark: 289; Gareth Stringbreaker:
      269; Alis inghean Ruaidhri: 254;
      > 3. CALONTIR: 247.3; Otto Graubart: 251; Daniel Arrownock: 251; Leif
      of Crescent Moon: 240;
      > 4. EAST: 230.3; Rupert the Unbalanced: 262; Nest verch Tangwistel:
      253; Robert Howry of Morninghorpe: 176;
      > 5. ANSTEORRA: 224.3; Sam of Northkeep: 240; Cian Rhys Gravenor:
      218; Robin of Northkeep: 215;
      > 6. WEST: 215.6; Wolfric Hammerfestning: 263; Sveinn Uilfsson: 208;
      Mark vondem Falkenstemm: 176;
      > 7. MERIDIES: 212; Ronan MacMorton: 303; Sean McGarrow: 180;
      Guillamue Sinclair: 153;
      > 8. LOCHAC: 211; Darius J'Fa: 215; Khorvash Zareed: 214; Llwyd ap
      Madog: 204;
      > 9. TRIMARIS: 210; Erika Bjornsdottir: 252; Aesa: 190; Guenwhyvar:
      188;
      > 10. ATLANTIA: 205.6; Timothy of Shaftesbury: 225; Barry of Roxbury
      Mills: 214; Albrecht von Reith: 178;
      > 11. EALDORMERE: 205; Dafydd ap Sion: 234; Augustyn von Brixen: 194;
      Edhan Debrus: 187;
      > 12. ARTEMISIA: 195; Arthen ap Rhun: 212; Ryryd ap Gwerstan: 205;
      Francisco Digrazzi: 168;
      > 13. NORTHSHIELD: 181.6; Robin Arthur Kyrke: 228; Dirk von der
      Kruis: 164; Siegound Eisenhaut: 153;
      > 14. MIDREALM: 167.3; James Cunningham: 219; Erik Erikson the Scout:
      205; Seonaid inghean Domnial: 78;
      > 15. ATENVELDT: 155.6; Johan of Hawksley: 194; Alaxandar mac
      Donnaidh: 144; Solomon Kogan: 129;
      > 16. OUTLANDS: 141.3; Oengus of Greymist: 181; Costanza Marina de
      Huelva: 122; Lochlain: 121;
      > 17. DRACHENWALD: 71.6; Tapio Toivanpoika: 78; Torkkei: 74; Kertu
      Roisko: 63;
      > 18. GLEANN ABHANN: no average; Kolr Bogsveigir: 215; Kenneth
      MacAndrews: 189;
      > 19. CAID: no average; Gemma Evangelista Borgia: 200; Brighid ni
      Muirenn: 112;

      > Period division
      > ---------
      > 1. AN TIR: 180; Alaricus Simmonds: 266; Kenneth of Shaftesbury:
      138; Daffydd De Donke: 136;
      > 2. OUTLANDS: 153.3; Rand the Tracker: 178; Stephan Sorenson: 146;
      Druid Aukring: 136;
      > 3. LOCHAC: 144.6; Ysabella Vitale: 164; Sebastian Greenbow: 142;
      Sabine d'Antan: 128;
      > 4. CALONTIR: 136; Michael vanBergen: 140; Odd Bjornson: 138;
      Michael de Lundie: 130;
      > 5. ANSTEORRA: 127.3; Lawrence of Namron: 136; Leofwine on
      Sumersaeton: 126; Ekaterina Iadorovna Kharlampieva: 120;
      > 6. WEST: no average; Angus MacDonald: 234; Joseph de la Tour: 123;
      > 7. EAST: no average; Iulianiia Trieskova: 146; Lienhart Fischer von
      Torum: 128;
      > 8. ATENVELDT: no average; Johan of Hawksley: 122; Phillip the
      Skeptic: 100;
      > 9. MIDREALM: no average; James Cunningham: 138;
      > 10. DRACHENWALD: no average; Rakonczay Gergely: 118;
      > 11. GLEANN ABHANN: no average; Uilleam MacUileam: 94;
      > 12. ATLANTIA: no average; Tomas Tryggvarson: 24;
      >
      > Open Crossbow division
      > ---------
      > 1. MIDREALM: 260.3; James Cunningham: 307; Erik Erikson the Scout:
      240; Elspeth MacGregor: 234;
      > 2. CALONTIR: 225.3; Rolf Hobart: 253; Michael vanBergen: 219;
      Robert Dunalastair: 204;
      > 3. ANSTEORRA: 203.3; Karl Thorgeirsson: 217; Padriac of Kilkenny:
      216; Ulrich Von Budigen: 177;
      > 4. AETHELMEARC: 176.3; Brandubh O'Donnghaile: 261; Pearce
      Redsmythe: 194; Solveig Throndardottir: 74;
      > 5. ATLANTIA: no average; Gregge the Archer: 348; Jonathas Reinisch:
      272;
      > 6. AN TIR: no average; David of Tiriane: 301; Kenneth of
      Shaftesbury: 185;
      > 7. OUTLANDS: no average; Daffyd of Emmett: 246; Cadfarch ap Nir
      Caerleon: 234;
      > 8. EALDORMERE: no average; Gunther: 177; Aodhan: 143;
      >
      > Period Crossbow division
      > ---------
      > 1. CALONTIR: 264; Dolan Madoc: 290; Rolf Hobart: 254; Michael
      vanBergen: 248;
      > 2. OUTLANDS: 233.3; Mika Longbow: 292; Daffyd of Emmett: 210;
      Connal Mac an Druidgh: 198;
      > 3. ANSTEORRA: 184.6; Padriac of Kilkenny: 254; Frederic De la
      Costas: 162; Ulrich Von Budigen: 138;
      > 4. MIDREALM: no average; James Cunningham: 292; Elspeth MacGregor:
      168;
      > 5. ATENVELDT: no average; Owen Blackshepe: 194; Steffen von der
      Grun: 180;
      > 6. ATLANTIA: no average; Gregge the Archer: 326;
      > 7. AETHELMEARC: no average; Brandubh O'Donnghaile: 288;
      >
      > IKCAC
      > ----------
      > 1. AN TIR: 293.3; Deicyn Moel: 340; Coriander: 274; Lahela: 266;
      > 2. CAID: 153; Garrett O'Doherty: 169; Gemma Evangelista Borgia:
      147; Drusus Von Ausburg: 143.
      > 3. MIDREALM: 87.7; Erik Erikson the Scout: 119; James Cunningham:
      112; Constanca Daguiar: 32.
      > 4. WEST: no average; Joseph de la Tour: 157.
      >

      > Children division
      > ---------
      > 2. ANSTEORRA: 77; Phoenix Thorne: 118; Patrick of Gate's Edge: 71;
      Christiana De La Costas: 42;
      > 4. LOCHAC: 28.3; Philippe of Southroun Gaard: 40; Gryffen
      Bladesmith: 23; Gryffen Bladesmythe: 22;
      > 1. AETHELMEARC: no average; Layla of Gryffon's Keep: 265; Colin of
      Gryfyyns Keep: 199;
      > 3. ATENVELDT: no average; Brandan: 137; Seraphina of Hawksley: 49;
      > 5. ATLANTIA: no average; William Alricsson: 31;
      >
      > Youth division
      > ---------
      > 1. Douglas Silverwolf(AETHELMEARC): 318;
      > 2. Seraphina of Hawksley(ATENVELDT): 49;
      > 3. Edric Alricsson(ATLANTIA): 30;
      >
      > KEEPER's AWARD
      > --------------
      > 1) Baron Jonathas from Atlantia for his iniative and work in
      setting up the facilities to allow scores to be entered directly on-
      line.
      > 2) Nest from East for his continued work with IKAC and children
      > 3) Sir Erika from Trimaris for her constant work on behalf of the
      IKAC in Trimaris

      > IMPORTANT NOTES:
      > -------------------
      >
      > - Season XXXI (2008)
      > 1) Clearly this final posting is very late. For that I apologize
      profusely. The reasons are many and varied and known to some of you,
      but a substantial reason is paradoxically positive, i.e. thousand+
      submissions since October which have taken a long long time for me to
      enter. The good news is that this issue is being actively handled as
      we speak, more on this later.
      > ALL the scores received for ALL archers in ALL divisions are posted
      on the website ( http://www.detommaso.org/ikac ). Please review them,
      and let me know of any issues and/or errors. The scores will be
      certified on 15 February, so it is possible that some of the
      standings may change until then. The medallions for the winners will
      be available the first week of March. After 15 February, please
      contact me if you are a winner, or can handle medallions for the
      winner

      > - Season XXXII (2009)
      > 1) As mentioned earlier, I expect that data entry and reporting
      will be much easier going forward, freeing me to concentrate on
      managing the competition and the non on-line entries. Thanks to Baron
      Jonathas, who initiated the idea of using his portal for on-line
      submission and contacted me about it, I hope that the majority of
      scores in the coming season will be entered through the on-line form.
      Over the past several weeks we have been working to develop and
      expand the portal that currently allows some Kingdoms to enter scores
      through the online form for all archers to all Kingdoms for the IKAC.
      There are still a few issues to be worked out, but the expectation is
      that this will be available to all archers very shortly, and all
      appropriate links will be posted on the IKAC
      > web site. The Excel spreadsheet and snail-mail submission will
      still be accepted, of course. More details on this as it develops,
      and again, heartfelt thanks to Baron Jonathas for his initiative and
      hard work with his Multi-Kingdom scorekeeping website. That this is
      possible is totally a tribute to his initiative, skill and resources.

      > 2) CHANGES: Time has come to make some changes, in the interest of
      the competition. They are as follows:
      > - CHILDREN Division is now limited to children 10 years or
      younger
      > - YOUTH division is for children aged 10-13
      > - BOTH divisions will use the formerly CHILDREN division
      shorter distances (10,15,20 yards, instead of 20,30,40).
      > - Children 14 or older will compete in the regular divisions
      at regular distances.
      > - The CHILDREN and YOUTH Divisions were always meant ONLY to
      help children get interested and started in archery and put in the
      time to start developing their skills. As I had specifically
      mentioned in the rules, children who already shoot at the level of
      adults should be shooting in the main divisions. For the most part
      this has worked, but there have been some exceptions. In the interest
      of the competition, starting this year, I will be enforcing this last
      point. Scores for the Children and Youth divisions will be limited to
      200 or below. Also, I don't want to get multiple scores that all
      hover around 200. Those scores will be rejected. Marshals, please
      understand the goal of these divisions, they are meant to encourage
      children to get started and develop. I thank you in advance for your
      assistance on this.

      > - VERY HIGH SCORES: Without question, throughout the years by
      far the most unpleasant part of being Keeper has been dealing with
      the flood of emails that very high scores have generated from others.
      > Having run the competition since 2000, and having 15000+ scores in
      my database, I can pretty much chart the progress of the archers of
      the SCA at large, and that of any individual archer who has ever shot
      an IKAC. But lately this matter has become worse, and it is my
      strongly held belief that the constant doubting of scores is damaging
      to the competition, because it generates the feeling that not
      everyone is playing by the same rules. As proof I can offer the many
      letters that I have received from archers who have written to me
      saying they are no longer shooting the IKAC for this very reason. So
      this must be addressed, and it will be addressed.

      > Although I firmly believe in the honor system that is at the heart
      of most of the SCA's competitions, clearly something has to be done
      to restore and/or strengthen everyone's belief that the IKAC is an
      open and level playing field. Therefore, even though going forward
      most scores will be entered on-line, I will review each score before
      I allow them to be posted. I reserve the right to reject any score
      for any reason. I don't expect to reject anything if all goes well,
      but I may contact individual archers to get more information
      regarding individual scores if they are well outside the mean.
      > In the end, I personally guarantee to each and every archer in the
      SCA that everyone in the competition is playing by the same rules,
      and my guarantee will include personal observation, wherever
      required. So going forward you can safely assume that if a score is
      posted, it deserves to be there.

      > I welcome your input on this, feel free to contact me at ikac@...
      if you have any comments or questions on this.

      > Finally, thank you to everyone for your continued participation in
      the IKAC/IKCAC. This year was above average, and I hope that with the
      new on-line form, we will grow even more. Unfortunately, my mundane
      work prevents me from keeping up with the boards, therefore please
      send any questions or comments directly to ikac@..., or detomamd@...

      > Shoot well,
      > - Lorenzo

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic