25166Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: discussion of peerage recognition

  • James Koch
    Aug 12, 2008
      Jon et al,

      The poll sounds like a good idea, but regardless whether or not
      anything comes of it, we the archery community can create our own
      equivalent of a peerage, regardless of whether it is officially
      recognized by the rest of the SCA or not. We already have recognized
      awards and orders in the various kingdoms. Over a year ago we were
      seriously discussing a new Society wide competition that could be
      held in various places during any given year. Why not allow the
      orders, like the Greenwood Company here in the Midrealm to propose
      members who have done considerable service for the community. Have
      the selected individuals compete and based on prowess in the various
      competitions they would be accepted into the Society wide archery
      order. We just need a group to get it started. Eventually the order
      would take over the function of accepting new members.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"