25143Re: Target Panic NYTimes article.

  • jameswolfden
    Aug 4, 2008
      I hit a bout of target panic a few years back and I still have not
      totally gotten over it. It was quite dissillusioning to end one
      season figuring you were going to break 80 to come back and hope you
      could break 20. It really is a case of 'panic'. Part of you just says
      release now even if another part is saying no!

      I spent a lot of time in my garage just practising coming to full
      draw, holding it, and letting down.

      Even after doing the bare boss thing and other things, getting back
      to SCA practise can bring it all back. The timed end of the Royal
      Round can throw all the other drills off. I found I had to
      deliberately slow down everything on the timed round. This is not
      easy to do as the speed round tends to induce an adrenaline rush.

      In Service,
      James

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, 'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder
      Lutre <Merry@...> wrote:

      > I enjoyed this article and I thought perhaps a few of you might as
      well.
      > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sports/olympics/01archery.html
      >
      > --
      >
      > // Merry

      > 'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre
      > Shire of Standing Stones; Formerly: Philippe Sebastian LeLutre
      > Christian M. Cepel --- 573.999.2370 --- Columbia, MO
      > http://Thistledowne.org/ http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/
      > ICQ:12384980 YIM/AOL:Bramblethorne MSN:Merry@ShireOfS.....
      >
      > 'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',
      > pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' + 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch'

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic