24979Re: I need help from Archery

  • cmetaldog00
    May 31, 2008
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Cecil Hudson <metaldog00@...> wrote:

      > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      > From: rainmagix@...
      > Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 18:43:20 +0000
      > Subject: [SCA-Archery] I need help from Archery
      >

      > General Question: Does anyone know when Combat Archery with Bows
      started?

      > Facts: In a year what do you think your think you spend on archery?
      >
      > Up to 100$
      >
      > 100$-200$
      >
      > 200$-400$ <===
      >
      > 400$+
      >

      > Participation
      >
      > Target Archery <===
      >
      > Combat Archery
      >
      > All Archery
      >

      > Personal Questions:
      >

      > What is your favorite archery style or contest style The IKAC:
      open bow division with a recurve.

      > What first attracted you to archery? Cub Scouts when I was 8
      yrs old. I was the first in my troop to hit the target.

      > What did you learn from archery that you did not expect? How to
      make my own equipment and the dynamics of arrow flight.

      > Please name your Kingdom and list your three favorite archery events
      Ansteora. Catellan and Elfsea Spring Faire are the only two
      events I've participated in archery thus far.

      > Ok you get one paragraph, what would you say to some one who is
      looking at getting into

      > archery to get them excited. "You will love it. But be warned. Once
      you get into it seriously it becomes addictive and you will want to do
      more. There is nothing like the thrill of hitting your first bull's
      eye from the 40yd line."

      > Cian Rhys Gravenor
      Forester of Northkeep in Ansteora.