24766Re: Makeing one's own thumbring: Resources? Sculpty?

  • logantheboweyder
    May 6, 2008
      I'd like to suggest casting with Brass/bronze (Aluminum if you
      aren't up to the high temps of molten copper) to make a thumb ring.
      I've found that fitting a thumb ring made a lot of difference over
      whether I wanted to wear it, and being able to tap it out-of-round
      was important to get a shape that would fit over the thumb knuckle,
      then twist to where it was not going to slide off.

      My 2 cents;
      Logan
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, 'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder
      Lutre <Merry@...> wrote:

      > I'm afraid the $32+ hand-carved horn thumbrings from Three Rivers
      are a
      > little out of my price range at the moment and I'd like to have a
      go at
      > making my own (200 arrows a day is leaving my ring finger quite
      swollen).

      > Wondering if anyone knows of any good online resources with
      instructions
      > for constructing one's own thumbring.
      >
      > I'm also wondering if any of the bake-able polymer sculpting clay
      > products like Sculpey
      > <http://www.sculpey.com/Products/products_poly_origsculp.htm>or
      Sculpey