24764Re: Makeing one's own thumbring: Resources? Sculpty?

  • i_griffen
    May 5, 2008
      I have fong and found a nice looking bone in Ham cooked the ham and
      made a couple of thumb rings from the bone. Note: the ham bone will
      turn a little brown with some light sanding the browning will lighten.

      Iain Griffen

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "jameswolfden" <jameswolfden@...>
      wrote:

      > Okay, how is a thumbring going to help with your ring finger
      getting
      > swollen? I am assuming by ring finger you mean the one you wear
      your
      > wedding ring on. If you shooting mediterrean, I think a different
      > glove might help.
      >
      > Atarn.org has a lot of good information on building rings. Sculpy
      > might work but you will have to experiment. Here are some other
      > alternatives.
      >
      > A billiard ball ring buildalong
      > http://198.170.108.27/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=764
      >
      > There is another thread on a leather thumbring soaked in superglue
      > to harden it but you could probably just do it in cour boulli
      > http://198.170.108.27/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=683
      >
      > Here is one using a copper pipe thumbring and a leather kulak. The
      > copper pipe (1" in diameter) is cut at an angle to provide the
      right
      > diameter for your thumb.
      > http://198.170.108.27/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39
      >
      > Hope that helps,