24690Re: Combat crossbows

  • jameswolfden
    Apr 6, 2008
      But even in target archery, I have seen some very accurate shooting
      from the notchlocks crossbows including some ludicrous bowman scores.
      A rolling nut is great and probably the most common of the releases
      used but high scores can be obtained with a less sophisticated (but
      often more reliable) release.

      James

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Frederick Fenters" <padraig@...>
      wrote:

      > There are several different types of different releases that are
      available
      > and were in use in period. IMHO, a durable and reliable release is
      of
      > greater concern than a really smooth release. Combat archery is a
      whole
      > 'nother beast than target shooting.
      >

      > Padraig MacRaighne

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic