      From: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of blkknighti@...
      Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 9:24 PM
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Combat crossbows

      For usage in target archery perhaps a roller nut may have the advantage of
      being somewhat smoother hence aid in accuracy but on the battle field I have

      found a rising pin release quite a bit better than my roller nut bow. It may
      be
      personal preference but I would advise a rising pin over roller nut.
      I think the best place to ask this would be on the SCA Missile combat list.

      Richard