24619Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery Nets

  • reza gilman
    Mar 28 7:30 PM
      Yes we use them behind the butts to catch wild shots we have only had one archer blow through them and thats me at 20yds with a 55lb bow and 125 grain tips but for the most part they are a great help in outdoor ranges one for safety the other fewer lost arrows. just figured i would drop my 2 cents in. Hope this helps.
      Lord Blackleg Gilmyn
      Kingdom of Calontir
      Shire of Oakheart

      Arthen ap Rhun <arthen_ap_rhun@...> wrote:
      Everyone,

      I know that careful planning and a safe range are of paramount importance.
      With that said, what are the opinions in the group on the use of Archery
      Nets? Nets will never replace safety and planning but is there a place for
      them in outdoor archery? Do any of you use them and if so, in what capacity?
      For example, do you use them as an "arrow catcher" behind your butts? Or are
      you on the other side of the coin and do not use them at all?

      I personally use one in my home range which is in my basement. It is a 10' x
      10' net which is doubled over so the bottom edge just touches the floor. It
      hangs approximately one foot out from my wall . I have had no penetrations
      using a 40# Recurve, with 125 Grain Target Tips.

      I am interested in hearing opinions on this subject.

      Yours in Service,

      Arthen ap Rhun