24584Re: Indoor range - new question

  • logantheboweyder
    Mar 27, 2008
      I'm opposed to the crimp-on so-called safety tips often found on
      kids arrows, especially if shot indoors. The arrow can still kill
      someone if they hit someone in the right spot, but provide more of a
      safety hazard by being much more likely to bounce off the target and
      hit someone/thing.

      Just my 2 cents, and not condemning anything.

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Morton" <ioldanach@...>
      > There's another good point. (get it? right. ok, moving on...) If
      > you're shooting indoors you might choose to use plain target points
      > that have been filed to a substantially less pointed tip. At 20
      > yards, a parabolic rounded tip (i.e., elongated but still round)
      > penetrate your target just fine but will have a lot more trouble
      > poking through your backstop. Using a bodkin point in a basement
      > target shoot might be overkill. Instead of bulking up with
      > ever-increasing masses of backstop material, why not just switch
      > tips for something that isn't designed for deep penetration? At
      > $5/dozen plus a file and a little time, its certainly the cheaper
      > solution.
      > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Fritz <carl.west@...> wrote:
      > > If you're shooting those bodkins I made, they go right through
      the nets.

      > > I use poly bags stuffed full of poly bags as the butt. Works
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic