24257Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Period target draft 1.3 --long

  • Jessi Baas
    Jan 28, 2008
      Actually, the last two Queen's Champion Archery events in Caid were
      determined for both open and period division using using a double
      elimination Forester Round. They seem to be much more popular than our
      old standard single Royal Round winner takes all.

      We'd buy them for sure.

      Christina

      James of the Lake wrote:

      > There are at least two baronies in CAID now that shoot Forester
      > Rounds (each end 3 arrows, closest to center wins) for double
      > elimination, championships and the latest Queen's Champion period
      > archery champion was determined by Forester Rounds.
      >
      > We'd buy them.
      >
      > James
      >
      > jotl@... <mailto:jotl%40ridgecrest.ca.us>
      >
      > On Jan 28, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Hobbe wrote:
      >
      > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:SCA-Archery%40yahoogroups.com>, James Koch <alchem@...> wrote:
      > >> Regardless what target face you finally decide to use, I still plan
      > >> to print and sell them.
      > >
      > > What area of archery are these targets going to used in? As I recall,
      > > the discussion last June mentioned using them in the IKAC for a test
      > > run. If so, a large number pre-printed may not be needed.
      > >
      > > Or does a part of this plan include provisions to rework the Royal
      > > Round to utilize these targets? It seems like a risk to print a bunch
      > > of these up and then not have a use for them.
      > >
      > > The reason I ask is that on a local board I mentioned that I was
      > > considering not having royal rounds at any archery events I run and I
      > > was resoundingly admonished for suggesting its demise.
      > >
      > > If I run my novelty shoot and have a RR range on the side, there will
      > > be little space or use for this target.
      > > ~Hobbe
      > >

      > > --

      (