24085Re: Fletching problem

  • arturdubh
    Jan 11, 2008
      I forgot to add that the finish I use is a lacquer; Duco sticks to it
      very well, and it makes for a smooth, durable finish/sealer. The only
      real problem I've ever had with it is certain types of back-stops
      tend to stick to the shaft, such as the back-stops at B'Wana Archery
      in St. Paul, MN -- I think those back-stops might have some sort of
      strange glue in them, though (they are some sort of "pressed paper
      pulp" stuff...); shooting into cardboard boxes (made of
      compressed/glued paper pulp as well) leaves nothing on the shaft.

      --Artúr

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "arturdubh" <nasionnaich@...>
      wrote:

      > It sounds as though you let them sit too long before fletching.
      Since