      From: James of the Lake <jotl@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:25:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Rem Acu

      Indeed. Apparently a fairly common Latin phrase. My Cassell's has
      it (under "acus", a needle, bodkin) as "acu rem tangere" -- "to hit
      the nail on the head".

      I've just been reading Plautus as it happens. I'll have to search
      for in which of his plays the phrase you have quoted occurs.

      Thanks for posting this!

      James
      jotl@ridgecrest. ca.us