23660Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Fire arrows

  • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
    Oct 23, 2007
      I wonder if inertia has ever been a problem... I.e. I'm having a Looney
      Tunes image form in my mind.

      1. character holding a flaming arrow at draw

      2. close up to where the fire is burning off the material used to secure
      the rag-bundle to the shaft.

      3. Release!

      4. Arrow zips away leaving the mass of burning rags behind

      5. Standard cartoon physics engage

      6. Burning rags remain hovering while:
      a) camera pans back to show full character.
      b) character sees what happened.
      c) character comprehends what happened
      d) camera pans back more to show character
      standing in the middle of something highly
      flameable or explosive.
      e) pan back to character.... Face fills with terror
      f) one of two things happen.
      o Fatalistic look of accepting cruel fate crosses face
      o Plan for escape forms and character begins very
      first step of plan.... Begins.. no more.

      7. The forces of gravity resume function.

      8. Rags drop in to flammable substance.

      9. Woosh, upwards flame or explosion.

      10. Smoke clears to show charcoal colored character & equipment.

      11. Top limb of bow crumbles into ash top down.

      12 Bottom limb of bow crumbles into ash bottom up.

      13. White eyes of charcoal character blink exactly twice.

      14. Character crumbles to ask bottom up and top down.

      15. Ashes briefly hover before falling into small mound.

      16. Optionally, eyes may remain unburned to fall and rest in little
      mound of ash. They may again blink bewilderedly.

      --

      // Merry

      "Merry" Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
      Shire of Standing Stones, University of Missouri at Columbia
      Formerly known as Philippe Sebastian LeLutre
      Mundanely known as Christian M. Cepel