23532Re: [SCA-Archery] Making an Armguard?

  • Richard Yeager
    Sep 24, 2007
      I think that most of the arm-guards will sell are in the 6 oz range. We make and sell some slightly heavier arm-guards (roughly 7-8 oz) for the heavier, hunting weight bows. 5-6 oz may not be quite enough protection for a seventy lb bow. I use 5-6 oz with a 45 lb bow and is fine. I definitely know when I have lost concentration and screwed up, but I am not wearing the purple badge of pain either.

      Cuan

      ICE TIGER <ice.tiger@...> wrote: I still think 5-6 would be a more reasonable mix of weight and flexibility that provides suitable protection but that's just me. If a person is continually whacking themselves the problem isn't with the equipment it's with their form and that's what should be fixed. Putting a heavy arm guard on so you don't feel the string hit doesn't fix the form problem.
      Dalton

      Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

      Recent Activity

      2
      New Members

      Visit Your Group