23523Re: [SCA-Archery] Making an Armguard?

  • Jeff Morton
    Sep 24, 2007
      I agree, you don't need tooling leather for this purpose, oil tanned
      is fine. I'd look for 7-8 oz. It is really to prevent bruising and
      damaging your skin. It isn't really a big deal if you feel a little
      sting when the string hits your arm, maybe the reminder will help your
      form. :)

      On 9/24/07, Richard Yeager <chuymonstre@...> wrote:
      > What draw weight are you using? Heavier weights will require a heavier leather. We typically use oil tanned leather as opposed to tooling leather in our arm-guards. It is more supple and comfortable. The tooling leather is better for really heavy weight bows or if you want to decorate the arm-guard.
      >
      > Cuan mac Niall
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic