23417Re: [SCA-Archery] archery illustrations

  • Jeff Morton
    Sep 4, 2007
      I'd agree with that. Especially since the name translates to
      "Shooting Festival", which could be archery or firearms. As for the
      person holding a target, I'd say he's pointing to it with a stick to
      count out someone's points.

      Otherwise, though... that looks just like an outdoor SCA event, eh?

      On 9/3/07, Robert Maddison <llywylyn@...> wrote:
      > Just got a chance to look at the illustartions,,and unless they had really
      > odd bows that needed a ramrod to cock them,( fellow in the lower right
      > corner) those are muskets in the Archery festival at gallen
      >
      > On 8/31/07, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here is a web site with some period archery illustrations.
      > >
      > > http://www.larsdatter.com/archers.htm
      > >
      > > Jon
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic