23366Re: In need of improved gear

  • logantheboweyder
    Aug 20, 2007
      My understanding is that wooden horsebows don't work well; wood just
      simply won't stand up to the amount of stretching/compression that
      takes place in the working sections of the bow. Hence, the use of
      horn, sinew, and bamboo, and wood was only used for the core and
      siryaahs (sp?)

      I intend to someday give it a try, but have expectations of nearly
      immediate bow failure.

      Logan

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, morgan wolf <morganblaidddu@...>
      wrote:

      > If I ever get a horsebow I'd prefer a wood one. If you can somehow
      > get a centershot horsebow, with a rest, that would be best.
      >
      > Morgan Blaidd Du,
      > mka Morgan Wolf
      > Damn Vicar Archery and Stuff
      > www.damnvicar.com