23340Re: In need of improved gear

  • Ko
    Aug 16, 2007
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "logantheboweyder"
      <logantheboweyder@...> wrote:

      > Recurve - Ebay often has nice 35-45 lb target recurves. If you
      want a
      > more periodesque recurve, horsebows.com

      Be careful of what you buy at Ebay. Sometimes you get really good
      deals and sometimes you don't. I recomend buying bows at bow
      shows/events locally where you can see the bows. That way you know
      exactly what you are getting.

      Do a google search of archery clubs in your area should net you a
      schedule of their events and when they have their swap meets.

      Btw, those fiberglass horsebows really suck. They are very
      inconsistent and tend to pitch your arrows instead of releasing them
      linearly. I don't recomend those bows at all.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic