23339Re: In need of improved gear

  • logantheboweyder
    Aug 16, 2007
      Recurve - Ebay often has nice 35-45 lb target recurves. If you want a
      more periodesque recurve, horsebows.com

      Longbow - I'll put in a pitch for a DIY project. The Bowyer's Bible
      v1 has straightforward directions, and you have a working model to
      know what you are building towards. (Hopefully, designed a bit
      better, and it is a killer A&S project!)

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "thmcinnish" <thmcinnish@...>
      > I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
      > determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment.
      > am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
      > would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
      > competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
      > would be appreciated.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic