22647Looking for longbow

  • George
    Apr 13, 2007
      Hey group,

      I am looking for a longbow to use in our SCA Archery events. 70 or so
      inches long, and a draw weight of 50lbs or so, with a 30 inch draw. I
      wish to also hunt with this bow.

      I have been shooting for years, but a Compound bow, and aluminum arrows
      are not allowed at sca events.

      So I have been scouring the web looking for something more period. I
      have seen bows made from Hickory costing a mere hundred dollars on ebay
      and one other website, to Yew and Osage Orange bows for 500-1500
      dollars. Being on a limited budget I am looking for something more in
      the 100 dollar range.

      I do have 2 compound bows that are also for sale. They are older
      models, I am thinking one is a Bear Whitetail Hunter, and another is a
      PSE, left handed model.

      I am keeping my compound bow for hunting, and I have a junior compound
      bow my daughters use.

      Also a good source for cedar arrows will be needed. I live in
      Clearwater Florida.

      Yours in Service
      Gavin Kinkaide
      Barony of Marcaster