21881Re: Thanks for all the help (formerly: My first bow project)

  • logantheboweyder
    Dec 1, 2006
      Almost any wood will work for a bow. You will need to go flatter and
      longer to get a less-suitable wood to work, even white pine. I
      believe that woodbows.com makes a lot of self-bows out of red oak,
      with passable results. White Oak should work just fine, with the
      right bow design. Use it to make a flatbow. Following the growth
      ring on the back will be more important. Backing with sinew or linen
      might be advisable if you were going to make white oak your preferred

      > Is "white oak"
      > even remotely appropriate for a bow wood?
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic