21782Re: Are wheeled rest SCA legal?

  • Hobbe
    Nov 3, 2006
      I would happily have her shoot off the shelf. The problem was that
      the rest on the recurve has a significant curve to it. The wheeled
      rest I saw would have fit perfectly into it.

      I have installed a stick-on rubber shelf which is significantly
      better than the cheap plastic one that the bow came with.

      Once again, thanks to everyone for the advice.
      -Hobbe

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
      <eastarch@...> wrote:

      > This is the first instance where I have seen a rest which screws
      through the riser that does not use the outlawed plunger button. As
      the rules stand there is no reason this rest cannot be used. It
      appears to be legal in the letter of the law. The laws have to be
      updated periodically as new equipment is invented. The part about the
      bristle rest is new for instance.

      > Now is it legal in the spirit of the law? Does it give the user
      an unfair advantage over someone who is using a simple glue on hook
      rest? That is the real question. We are trying to promote medieval
      style shooting. This is not really a very period method to help your
      daughter. Maybe just letting her work through the problems with the
      simple stick on rest, or better yet as someone said remove it
      competely and shoot off the shelf. I think it is easier in the timed
      ends anyway. The more you have to mess with keeping the arrow on a
      small rest the harder it is to get a quick and smooth load, draw and
      release.

      > If it showed up at my range I would qently recommend its removal.
      >
      > Nest
    • Show all 43 messages in this topic