21056Re: Archery Marshals

  • THL Cain Saethydd
    Jun 14, 2006
      The one presented to me when I won our first 'King's Champion of
      Archery' tournament scares me a bit.

      It has a target on the front and back, with a big 'X' across the
      target in the back.

      I have worn it to great affect on the hardsuit field, however. hmmmm,
      I seem to recall distracting Sir Jon several years ago with it. We
      were out of ammo (gleaning was allowed), and the opponents were not
      firing (saving the ammo untill the end of the scenario). I was
      strutting back and forth... the temptation was just too much. Soon, we
      had the ammo!

      Sadly, I died. Sir Jon was dismayed as well. One young lady from
      Atenveldt was highly embaressed. She had accidentaly shot me in the
      face while unloading her crossbow..... Sir Jon never shot me that war,
      nor I him. But we tried, OH how we Tried!

      Cain

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Henderson" <cucymry@...> wrote:

      > Greetings
      > Out of curoisity, what do the marshals in your kingdoms use for
      tabrds or do they. I know the Middle has a special registered device
      but what about others?