20504Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery Championship

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    May 14, 2006
      I think Estrella has claimed to have a Know World Archery Championship. Lief
      of the Cresent Moon any comments?

      Only people as dedicated as Olympiads and World Champions make it to the
      main event. I think we should be happy to get an SCA Championship shoot
      done in one month my mail/e-mail.

      James Cunningham

      Archery Championship

      > Wow! What a tulmult that was started!
      > I was imagining a large event where people were already going to be in
      > attendance. (read local Kingdom competition or Pennsic or Estrella),
      > Some events already gather many of the knowne world Scadians. I know
      > that Pennsic holds "champions" shoots for a war point, but isn't this
      > a team effort (of say a dozen archers)? Is there any attempt at having
      > a non-war-point, free-for-all top champion competition at Pennsic?
      > I have not had the finances since joining the SCA to attend a Pennsic,
      > but I read every article on Pennsic with relish (and sometimes
      > mustard!), and have never heard of top archer awards.
      > If there is such a thing, who's been winning it?
      > -Cian

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic